The Chamber is partnering with the City of Kamloops to offer local businesses a three-part virtual workshop on how to gain a competitive edge when responding to government RFPs and tenders. These three fast-paced, 90-minute interactive sessions will be facilitated by Maureen Sullivan, Director of Education at The Procurement School, Canada’s leader in providing engaging, interactive, online learning programs for procurement professionals.
Each session will include relevant content, Q and A, polling, and group discussions as we explore the following topics:
November 2: Making the Go/No Go Decision for the Competitive Process
• Discuss factors to consider when deciding which contract opportunities to bid on.
• Identify the defining characteristics of each competitive contracting method.
• Recognize the key laws, duties and obligations that surround the competitive contracting process.
November 9: Preparing Your Team for the Competitive Process
• Analyze the impact of non-binding competitive processes.
• Practice pinpointing what information and format to use when preparing your proposals.
• Practice preparing proposal response sections based on stated evaluation criteria.
November 16: Tips for Success in the Competitive Process
• Develop approaches to avoid errors in bids and proposals.
• Examine case examples of unfairness in competitive contracting.
• Discuss how prequalification processes and debriefing can be valuable to you.
Take a deep dive into a narrow topic and gain the knowledge and skills you need to ensure you are putting your best foot forward the next time you bid on a government project.
Meet Your Teacher